COPE is a grassroots all-volunteer nonprofit passionate about helping our communities become better prepared for emergencies.
Support our mission and emergency preparedness projects like these:
- Community Wildfire Protection Plans (CWPP) and the development of Firewise communities
- Creating evacuation plans and evacuation drills in conjunction with county officials, law enforcement, the Red Cross and other local agencies.
- Developing pre-attack maps for COPE communities documenting critical information such as water sources, road hazards, evacuation routes, vulnerable residents, etc. to direct mutual aid responders during fires.
- Promoting “Community Chipper Days” to incentivize COPE communities and their residents to work on defensible space around their homes and communities.
- Crafting a Community Fire Awareness Sign program with the assistance of the Eagle Scouts, a local architect and community members to increase awareness of fire hazard.
- Use of the GroupMe smartphone communication tool for fire professionals and COPE leaders to use during emergency incidents to disseminate urgent information to residential communities in real-time.
- Seeking funding and conduct vegetation management projects in COPE communities (roadside vegetation, shaded fuel breaks, removal of burnt debris, defensible space, etc.)
- Conducting a Smoke Ready Program and the distribution of air purifiers to our vulnerable community members
- Creating and implementing an Emergency Preparedness Program for older adults
- Partnering with community-based nonprofits to reach our Latinx community
Send a check to:
COPE Northern Sonoma County, PO Box 1841, Healdsburg, CA 95448
Donations are tax deductible.
We are a 501c3 charitable organization EIN 85-2884315.
We are grateful for your support!